Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Parmesan Chicken and Spicy Vegetables

I adapted this easy chicken recipe from So Tasty, So Yummy a few weeks ago when I needed a quick dinner idea. This was a big hit and is now one of my go-to favorites. I changed it up a little bit because I didn't have any parsley and I was out of bread crumbs. The first time I toasted a small piece of rye bread and smashed it to make the crumbs. This time I used a piece of crusty sourdough from Whole Foods. P let me know that the crumbs were better this time so I guess I will be using sourdough from now on!

The spicy vegetables are super easy and one my favorite side dishes but I love anything with a little kick! I prefer buying frozen broccoli (I don't know why, it just feels right) but fresh will obviously work too.

Baked Parmesan Chicken
2 chicken breasts, pounded thin
1 tablespoon milk
1 tablespoon butter, melted
4 tablespoons breadcrumbs
1 tablespoon parmesan cheese, grated


Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Toss chicken and milk in bowl to coat. Add remaining ingredients to a plastic bag, toss chicken with the breadcrumb mixture. In a lightly greased baking dish, lay out the two chicken breasts, pressing any additional breadcrumb mixture on top. Bake for 30-40 minutes, until chicken is cooked through.

Spicy Vegetables
1 cup broccoli (frozen)
1 small red bell pepper, sliced
1 cup whole baby bella mushrooms
1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon sesame oil

In a large saute pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat and add the broccoli. Saute until no longer frozen then add the bell peppers and red pepper flakes. Add the sesame oil. Saute vegetables until fragrant but not limp.

No comments:

Post a Comment