Sunday, December 5, 2010

Green Eggs

I'm not going to lie...I don't like most breakfast food but I am married to someone who LOVES breakfast. This is a take on one of P's favorite dishes from our old haunt in Houston, Baby Barnaby's. We are still looking for our favorite breakfast spot here in Denver so in the meantime P will continue to enjoy my version of his beloved Green Eggs!





Green Eggs
serves one

2 large eggs, beaten with fork
1/2 cup jarred artichoke hearts, chopped
1 handful spinach
1 small jalapeno, seeded and diced
1/4 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
1/2 tablespoon unsalted butter



In nonstick skillet melt butter over medium heat. Saute the jalapeno for about one minute. Drop handful of spinach on top and wait until it begins to wilt. Add the artichokes and mix for about a 30 seconds. Add the eggs and scramble. When eggs are thouroughly scrambled and mixed with the jalapeno, spinach and artichoke hearts remove from heat. Sprinkle with the monterey jack cheese and serve warm.

1 comment:

  1. You know I'm going to expect all of these delicious meals when I come visit in a few months :)

    ReplyDelete