Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Lemon Garlic Butter Shrimp

I decided that this week we would eat whatever is on hand Monday through Wednesday. Thursday my parents arrive and I will be cooking up a storm Friday and Saturday! I was looking through our freezer and found some leftover shrimp. I searched online for a yummy seafood sauce and a lemon garlic butter sauce caught my eye. It fit the bill, it looked easy and I could prepare it with ingredients I already had in my kitchen. I did have to adapt it a bit because I didn't have fresh herbs but I think it turned out great! I also halved the amount of butter because yikes, the original recipe called for a TON of butter!

I served the shrimp over brown rice. A little tip- use equal parts water and chicken stock. This makes for much tastier rice! Skip the butter option altogether.

Shrimp with Lemon Garlic Butter Sauce
1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 tablespoon garlic, sliced
1 tablespoon oregano
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 cup flour
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
salt
black pepper

Heat olive oil over medium heat in non-stick pan. Dredge the shrimp in flour, shake off excess. Fry in olive oil until golden brown. Remove, let rest on paper towel.

Melt the butter in the pan. Add the garlic and fry until fragrant. Add the oregano, remove from heat. Carefully add the lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper. Spoon over shrimp.

No comments:

Post a Comment