Monday, April 18, 2011

Tortellini Soup

I have been wanting to try this for a while but something always seemed to come up and prevent me from making this soup. I finally had the perfect opportunity last night. This is so quick and easy to make that I was actually scared it would be bad. I mean, it can't be that easy without being awful, right? I was so wrong. Peter and I loved it and this is something we will definitely eat again!



Tortellini Soup
1 package tortellini, I used whole wheat with cheese
3 cups chicken broth
2 cups fresh spinach, cleaned and stems trimmed
1 roma tomato, seeded and chopped
Parmesan shavings
cracked black pepper

Heat broth over medium heat. Add the tortellini and boil to package instructions. Ladle soup over greens and top with tomato, parmesan and black pepper.

Adapted from Confections of a Foodie Bride

No comments:

Post a Comment