Monday, April 25, 2011

Spaghetti and Meatballs

We are moving next week so I am trying to clean out the kitchen before we go. I noticed that we had quite a bit of spaghetti hanging out in the pantry so I decided to try making meatballs. Many moons ago I made meatballs from scratch and I thought they were fantastic but I was single then and the dog didn't get to try any so yeah, I'm not sure if they were really all that great.

I decided to leave out the chopped onion because the homemade marinara already had a yummy onion flavor. Feel free to add the onion to your meatballs if desired.


Meatballs
makes 10

1/2 pound ground beef 
1/2 pound pork sausage
1 egg, slightly beaten

1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
1/4 cup pecorino romano cheese, finely grated
1 clove garlic, pressed
1/2  teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon kosher salt

1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

Preheat oven to 400 F. Line a baking pan with foil sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.

To make meatballs, mix ground beef, sausage, eggs, bread crumbs, cheese, garlic, oregano, salt, and pepper until combined. Place about ¼ cup of meatball mix in your hand. Form into a ball. Repeat until all meat is used.

Bake about 25 minutes or until meatball juices show no pink color.

No comments:

Post a Comment