Monday, February 28, 2011

Crab Cakes with Spicy Avocado Sauce

I fully intended to make these from scratch but then I saw the prepared crab cakes on sale at Whole Foods. One of these days I will make my own!

I did make the sauce and it was wonderful! Peter really loved it because of the jalapenos. That guy loves spicy food! I prepared extra sauce and froze it for another crab cake meal in the future. The spicy corn side dish from December was the perfect compliment to this meal!

Spicy Avocado Sauce
1/2 large avocado, pitted and diced
1 tablespoon mayonnaise
2 tablespoons lime juice
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 large jalapeno, seeded and quartered
1/2 cup skim milk

Add the first five ingredients into a food processor and pulse four times. Slowly add the milk until creamy. I used a little less than half a cup of milk but you may need the full amount depending on how much avocado you have.

No comments:

Post a Comment