Monday, October 10, 2011

Jalapeno Mashed Potatoes

This is one of our favorites. Peter used to make these for me as a side to our yummy salmon dinners. At some point I took over and started making them myself. In Houston we could find this dressing but I have not been able to find it in Denver. I did come across this variation recently and we were back on for our favorite spicy mashed potatoes.

I like to use one large russet potato and one small russet potato. I find that they make the perfect portion for two people.



Jalapeno Mashed Potatoes
2 russet potatoes, peeled and quartered
3 tablespoons jalapeno ranch dressing
1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream
3 tablespoons butter
cracked white pepper (can substitute black pepper)
kosher salt
jalapeno pepper, sliced thin (optional)

Boil the potatoes in a large pot for about 20 minutes. Use a fork to test the potatoes, When tender, drain and put back into pot. Add the butter and use a potato masher to mash the potatoes. Mix in the dressing, whipping cream, salt and pepper. Top with fresh jalapeno slices.

No comments:

Post a Comment