Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Steak Rub

I have definitely been slacking in the blog department lately! As I get closer to my due date it's just harder for me to keep up with the blog. I feel so huge and I'm just not in the mood to cook! I'm digging into the archives and posting some recipes I have had on the back burner for a while.

I first used this steak rub back in April and Peter still raves about it! It is so easy and absolutely the tastiest steak I have ever prepared! I prefer to use a good, thick rib eye but this will work on any cut of meat.

Steak Rub
serves 2
2 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 tablespoon chili powder (I use this one)
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon ground black pepper

Let steaks sit at room temperature for thirty minutes.

Combine the ingredients in a small bowl. Generously rub both sides of the steak until completely coated in the rub. Cover each steak tightly in plastic wrap and put in the refrigerator for a minimum of 4 hours. Overnight is best if you have the time.

Prepare steaks as you normally would. This is how I do it. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment