Monday, March 7, 2011

Lemon Thyme Chicken

I am always looking for easy chicken meals that I can prepare in no time. I came across this one a few weeks ago and decided to give it a try. It was super easy to make and very tasty! I liked the seasoning so much that I am thinking of trying it on fish. This is great for a weeknight meal I usually have all of these ingredients in my kitchen at all times.



Lemon Thyme Chicken
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 egg
1 cup breadcrumbs
1 lemon, zested
6-8 sprigs of thyme
1 tablespoon water
canola oil
salt and pepper to taste

Place the chicken in the freezer for approximately ten minutes. Remove and cut into 1/4" strips.

In one bowl, combine the egg and water. Whisk to form an egg wash. In another bowl, combine the breadcrumbs, lemon zest, thyme leaves, salt and pepper. Dip each chicken strip into the egg wash then coat in the breadcrumb mixture.

Over medium heat, coat the bottom of a non-stick skillet with canola oil. Cook the chicken for two to three minutes on each side. Remove the chicken from the skillet and squeeze fresh lemon juice over the top.

No comments:

Post a Comment